Since 2005, the Geosuccess website has been providing for free operational products based on remote sensing data . Not less than 500 users have downloaded Geosuccess products so far. This success inspired us to invest in a renewed service with improved products and an upgraded server environment. Unfortunately, we cannot direct you immediately to this new service as it is still under validation. During the summer of 2011 the new service will be launched which will certainly be announced to all known Geosuccess users. Please note that the actual Geosuccess service has stopped on 01-02-2011.
In the meantime, we can offer you the following list of alternatives:
- Ten-daily NDVI synthesis of SPOT-VEGETATION can be downloaded for free, after registration, at the site: http://free.vgt.vito.be.
- Scientific users can also apply to get projected segments (P), S1 and S10 data of SPOT-VEGETATION for free, after submitting their request to the Scientific Officer and the SPOT-VEGETATION processing centre at VITO. You will be asked for a short project description . The application form can be found at: http://www.spot-vegetation.com/home/distribution/request.doc
- Ten-daily NDVI and LST synthesis of Metop-AVHRR can be downloaded for free, after registration, at the site: http://dissemination.vgt.vito.be
- African, South-American and Chinese users can take a look at the DevCoCast website (www.devcocast.eu) where they can find similar products than the ones provided on the Geosuccess site. These products, both archived and near real time, are free of charge for non-commercial users in those regions and include: NDVI, NDWI, fCOVER, LAI, Albedo, Burnt Area, Phenology, Water Bodies, etc. More information per region can be found at http://www.devcocast.eu/ViewContent.do?pageId=42
- The Geoland2 project (www.geoland2.eu) provides a service to users in need of derived products. Today, they offer several product in near real time at a global coverage. These products include: NDWI, LAI, FCOVER, DMP, BA, Albedo. Data are available for free from October 2009 till now, although registration is necessary (http://www.geoland2.eu/portal/user/BusinessUserRegistration.do). Archived data will be available by the end of 2011. See the catalogue: http://www.geoland2.eu/portal/service/ShowServiceInfo.do?serviceId=BB808F80&categoryId=8A809C80
If you need further information on the above services, do not hesitate to contact us (email@example.com).
The Geosuccess team